By Wendy Russell
Click on the Slide Numbers button on the Insert tab of the PowerPoint 2010 ribbon
Add Slide Numbers in PowerPoint 2010
It is an easy task to let PowerPoint add the slide numbers automatically to your slides.
- Click on the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Click on the Slide Number button, located in the Text section of the ribbon.
- The Header and Footer dialog box opens.
When the Header and Footer dialog box appears, select the appropriate options for your presentation.
- Check the box for Slide number.
- Most presentations do not show a number on the title slide. Check the option Don’t show on title slide if that is appropriate.
- Click the Apply to All button.
Note – You may click on the Apply button instead if you want a slide number on the active slide only.
Slide Numbers Appear on Slides
Slide numbers will now automatically appear on all PowerPoint slides in the bottom right corner.
An added bonus about letting PowerPoint number your slides is that if you rearrange the slides into a different order, PowerPoint renumbers the slides to display the new correct slide number. The font size and style of the number and other options can be edited by accessing the slide master.